Hours & Cost
Hours of Operations
Tuesday - Sunday: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Last entry is at 4 p.m).
Monday: Closed, except Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Please note that on Sundays and all major holidays, Golden Gate Park closes many of its roads to all vehicle traffic.
The Conservatory is OPEN on Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day.
The Conservatory is CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, and New Years Day.
$7.00 for Adults
$5.00 for Youth ages 12-17, Seniors age 65 & over, and College Students with ID
$2.00 for Children ages 5-11
Free for Children ages 4 and under
*San Francisco Residents: show proof of residency for reduced admission
Free Admission Day
The Conservatory is free to all visitors on the first Tuesday of every month.
The Conservatory of Flowers is wheelchair accessible for both motorized and non-motorized chairs. We also have two non-motorized wheelchairs in the ticket booth, which visitors may use (*at their own risk) on a first-come, first-served basis.
Handicap permit parking is located at the east side of the building and
also on John F. Kennedy Drive in front of the Conservatory. Drop-off
ramp access to the Conservatory is available on the west side of the
building near the public restrooms. Strollers are not allowed in the
*On Sundays, when there is no parking in Golden Gate Park, visitors may take the FREE Golden Gate Park Shuttle Bus, which runs every 15-20 minutes during park hours. (We are stop number 3 on the shuttle route map.)
Guidelines for visiting the Conservatory
- Food and drink are not allowed inside.
- Strollers are not allowed inside, and may be parked outside the Conservatory on the grass.
- Pets and outside plants are not allowed inside. (Service animals are okay).
- Tripods are not allowed inside. (Permits are required for commercial/ professional and school photography).
- Please close the doors between exhibit galleries.
- Please keep cell phone conversations to a minimum.
- Temperatures may exceed 85 degrees (29C).
For information about booking group tours, private tours, and field trips, click here.
Public Tours are available on most days* of the week at 11:00 a.m., 12:30 p.m., and 2:30 p.m.
*Subject to docent availabilty.