Hey San Francisco!
The Conservatory of Flowers is celebrating 140 years of fierce foliage. Come bask in the glory of our living collection housed in a masterpiece of Victorian architecture. In honor of our milestone, here are 14 ways you can celebrate – no matter the season or time of the year.
1. Say Cheese Take a selfie with your favorite Conservatory specimen.
2. Buzz Happy Meet the plants responsible for coffee and chocolate (respectively).
3. Compliment a horticulturist on the Conservatory’s magnificently cared for collection.
4. Cheers! Raise a glass of craft brew at one of our evening events.
5. Moment of Zen. Close your eyes in our Aquatic Plants gallery and relax to the sounds of water.
6. Sniff Test. Find the most delicious smelling bloom in our collection.
7. Presents. Our gift shop stocks gorgeous orchids and other items sure to delight.
8. Steam Clean. Refresh your skin and lungs in our warm, oxygen-rich galleries.
9. Learn. Enjoy a free tour and pick up some sweet plant knowledge.
10. Go Out on a Limb. Ask that special someone on a date and show off your horticultural savvy.
11. Reconnect. Invite a friend or colleague for a stroll through our relaxing indoor jungle.
12. Picnic in the Valley. Admire the Conservatory’s architecture while lounging in Conservatory Valley.
13. Hello, Phil. Give Phil the Philodendron, one of the original plants in the collection, an “air high five” from below.
14. Bragging Rights. The Conservatory of Flowers is a San Francisco icon. So, share the good news with everyone you know and tag us in your photos #ShareYourConservatory.
Happy birthday to the Conservatory of Flowers, 140 years young. We hope to see you here often soon!
Written by Anoosh Moutafian and Maryam Nabi