The Marketing and Communications Intern position is an opportunity for students or recent graduates interested in pursuing a career in marketing, communications or public relations to develop firsthand experience in at a fast paced cultural institution. The Marketing Intern will support the Director of Marketing and Communications with day to day activities of various campaigns and programs with a goal of creating awareness of the Conservatory of Flowers, its mission and various public programs, events, exhibits and other initiatives.
Interns will be given a journal to document their learnings throughout the internship and will be asked to present their key intern project at the end of their internship.
- Support the Conservatory’s influencer program, identifying local influencers, outreach and tracking
- Collaborate to develop a co-marketing and co-promotion program
- Assist in media relations by writing pitches, developing media lists and posting to calendar listings
- Develop various forms of content that can be used on social media such as Instagram, Facebook or Twitter
- Coordinate editorial calendar
- Provide support with monthly reporting for social media, newsletter and website
- Make updates to content on websites
- Produce content for blogs, newsletter and social media
- Conduct research and competitive analysis
- Develop a speaking and events program
- Provide general administrative and project support
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong written and communications skills
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing, communications or journalism
- Candidates should have a professional interest in social media, writing and working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, blogging
- Basic knowledge of HTML and web design
HOW TO APPLY
- 2 writing samples
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the opportunity and how this experience will help you reach your educational and career goals, and your scheduling availability (start/end dates, day/times available)
Send the above to jobs(at)sfcof.org.