Whether you’re a native San Franciscan, a visitor from another side of the world, or a classroom of budding botanists, the Conservatory of Flowers offers an intimate up-close experience with rare and endangered plants unlike any other. Come see what treasures await you!
PLAN A VISIT TO THE CONSERVATORY
Hours & Admission
The Conservatory is open Tuesdays – Sundays, 10a.m. – 6:30p.m. (Last ticket sold at 6p.m.)
Extended Hours for Corpse Flower Viewing
Wednesday, September 5: 10:00a.m. – 6:30p.m.
Thursday, September 6: 10:00a.m. – 10:00p.m.
Friday, September 7: 10:00a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Extended hours are subject to change. (Last ticket sold thirty minutes before closing)
Closed on Mondays, except Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Independence Day.
Please note that on Sundays, many roads in Golden Gate Park are closed to vehicular traffic. At these times, visitors may walk to the Conservatory from outside the park, or take the FREE Golden Gate Park Shuttle Bus.
The Conservatory is OPEN on Memorial Day, Labor Day and Independence Day.
The Conservatory is CLOSED on Thanksgiving, December 25, and January 1, and closes at 2pm on December 24 (Last ticket sold at 1:30p.m.).
Group Tours: For information about booking group tours for 10 or more people, click here.
Field Trips: For information about our education program and K-12 programs, click here.
Public Tours: are available on most days* of the week at 11:00 a.m., 12:30 p.m., and 2:30 p.m.
*Subject to docent availability.
|Youth – ages 12-17||$6|
|College Students – with ID||$6|
|Seniors – 65 and over||$6|
|Children – ages 5-11||$3|
|Children – 4 and under||FREE|
|San Francisco Resident with ID|
|Youth – ages 12-17||$4|
|College Students – with ID||$4|
|Seniors – 65 and over||$4|
|Children – ages 5-11||$2|
|Children – 4 and under||FREE|
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
The streets which surround the Conservatory are John F. Kennedy Drive (south) and Conservatory Drive (north, west and east). Though most parking is free within Golden Gate Park, spaces can be limited and there are time limits, usually 3 to 4 hours.
The Music Concourse Garage is a 10 minute walk from the Conservatory. Music Concourse Garage hours and rates.
Public transportation: Visit Muni’s Web site at www.511.org
Outdoor bike racks
There are two bicycle racks at the Conservatory: one in the Dahlia Garden on the East side of the building, and one near the restrooms on Conservatory Drive West
ACCESSIBILITY & GUIDELINES
- Parking: Handicapped parking is located at the east side of the building and also on John F. Kennedy Drive in front of the Conservatory. Drop-off ramp access to the Conservatory is available on the west side of the building near the public restrooms. Strollers are not allowed in the Conservatory.
- Inside the Conservatory: The Conservatory of Flowers is wheelchair accessible for both motorized and non-motorized chairs. We also have two non-motorized wheelchairs in the ticket booth, which visitors may use (*at their own risk) on a first-come, first-served basis.
Guidelines for visiting the Conservatory
- Food and drink are not allowed inside.
- Strollers are not allowed inside, and may be parked outside the Conservatory on the grass.
- Pets and outside plants are not allowed inside. (Service animals are permitted).
- Tripods are not allowed inside. (Permits are required for commercial/professional and school photography).
- Please close the doors between exhibit galleries.
- Please keep cell phone conversations to a minimum.
- Temperatures may exceed 85 degrees (29C).
Planning a Field Trip? Visit our Education section.
Please make your reservation at least 3 weeks before your visit. Note that the schedule fills up months in advance so contact the Conservatory with as much notice as possible to get your desired time and day. During the school year, there is very little availability before 11:00a.m.
Groups are not admitted on free days, which is the first Tuesday of each month.
We do not recommend groups visit on Sunday as many roads in Golden Gate Park are closed to vehicle traffic.
Groups from art studios must make a reservation, regardless of size.
Adult Self-Guided Visits
The Conservatory asks groups of 10 or more to make a reservation. The Conservatory can accommodate up to 35 people in each self-guided group.
Adult Guided Tours
Guided tours are offered for groups of 10 or more and there is a maximum of 30 people for tours. Tours last 45 minutes and cover four of the five galleries. An additional 15 minutes is recommended to view the Special Exhibit Gallery, which is included with the admission ticket but not the docent-led tour.
There are no group discounts and we do not accept admission payment in advance.
General Admission/ San Francisco Residents Admission (with proof of residency)
$9.00/ $6.00 for Adults
$6.00/ $4.00 for Youth ages 12-17, Seniors age 65 & over, and College Students with ID
$3.00/ $2.00 for Children ages 5-11
Free for Children ages 4 and under
To Make a Reservation
Please e-mail groups(at)sfcof.org with the following information:
- group name
- contact name and phone number
- date and time of visit
- number of people in group
- if you would like a guided tour