The Conservatory offers Bay Area students free guided tours for 3rd-5th grade classes and free self-guided visits for TK-12th grade school groups, preschools, and college classes.
SELF-GUIDED STUDENT GROUPS
Schools, after-school programs, and summer camp programs are eligible to book self-guided visits to the Conservatory of Flowers. Reservations are required for group visits. With advance reservation, complimentary admission is included for all students, teachers, and chaperones.
Please note that we can accommodate a very limited number of school group reservations at this time. Please inquire about our current availability and book your school group visit at least two weeks in advance of your visit.
Please review the following guidelines before making a group visit request:
- Reservations for self-guided visits are available most Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Groups cannot visit on free day, which is the first Tuesday of every month.
- Groups of up to 12 students may enter between 12:30 – 3:30 pm.
- Groups of 13 to 30 students may enter at 10:30 am or 11:30 am.
- There is no time limit for your visit; most groups spend 45-60 minutes inside the Conservatory of Flowers.
- A student: adult ratio of 6:1 is required for all self-guided student groups.
- Before entering the building, groups will be asked to split into smaller groups, with a maximum of 6 students & minimum of 1 adult per group.
- The maximum group size is 35 people. If your group is larger please inquire about splitting into two groups with staggered entry.
To reserve a self-guided field trip for your class, please contact education(at)sfcof.org with the following information:
- group name
- contact name and phone number
- requested date and time of visit
- number of students and chaperones in group
- grade of students
GUIDED STUDENT GROUPS
Adaptation Programs: 3rd– 5th Grade
The Conservatory of Flowers’ guided Rainforest Adaptation field trip programs and virtual programs are currently on hold. We will update this page with more information when we plan to resume these programs. In the meantime, student groups are welcome to make a reservation to visit the Conservatory of Flowers for a self-guided visit.
Interactive Virtual Tour: All Ages
Explore the Conservatory of Flowers without leaving home via a virtual tour. Click the circular tags along the way to learn more about the Conservatory’s galleries and iconic plants, view close-up photos, and more. Take the Conservatory of Flowers Virtual Tour.
What’s in Bloom: All Ages
Explore the Conservatory’s five distinct galleries, learn about what’s currently in bloom, and discover more about the plants that are currently blooming or featured in each gallery. Discover What’s in Bloom.
Tropical Trekkers Activity Booklet: TK-5th Grade
Explore the rainforest with the Tropical Trekkers! This booklet is filled with activities, coloring pages, and fun facts to engage young visitors in the wonders of tropical plants. The booklet is available to all elementary-aged children visiting on a field trip or with their family. Please request a paper copy of the book when you enter the Conservatory, or download a digital copy of Tropical Trekkers here.
Whether you’re a native San Franciscan, a visitor from another side of the world, or a classroom of budding botanists, the Conservatory of Flowers offers an intimate up-close experience with rare and endangered plants unlike any other. Come see what treasures await you!
Golden Gate Park | 100 John F. Kennedy Drive | San Francisco, CA 94118 | 415-831-2090