The Conservatory relies on the donations of individual donors to support its mission.
MISSION & VALUES
We connect people and plants in a place of exceptional beauty.
- We display and cultivate rare and unusual plants to heighten awareness of a pressing need to preserve threatened rainforest environments, making manifest the interconnectedness of all life.
- We preserve, sustain, and proactively safeguard the Conservatory of Flowers’ iconic structure with the highest level of care that a national, state, and local landmark deserves.
- We envision excellence in all aspects of operations, performance, and service to our stakeholders, members, and the larger community.
- We are a resource for dynamic, interesting, and creative experiences and artful exhibitions that create meaningful connections in support of rare and unusual plants.
- We provide the highest level of service to our guests, partners, and stakeholders.
- Ecology – We believe plants are vital to all life on a healthy planet and celebrate their beauty and value.
- Integrity – We have the highest ethical conduct, sound management, professional standards, and fiscal responsibility.
- Continuous Improvement – We strive for continuous improvement whereby our performance, processes, or service are constantly improving, measured to or exceeding professional industry standards and best practices.
- Communication – We demonstrate open, respectful, and honest communication at all times, with no exceptions.
- Diversity – We are committed to social justice, equity, and inclusion for all as we recruit and retain talented staff, volunteers, advisors, donors, and visitors.
- Adaptability – We strive to be innovative, flexible, and open to unexpected challenges and maintain a positive outlook.
- Sense of humor – We make work fun while being engaged and productive.
- Accountability – We take responsibility for individual and team actions, recognizing that all resources and actions of the organization require a laser focus for success.
- Management Decisions – We base our strategic short and long-term decisions on data, are comfortable managing risk and ensure we build and maintain a culture of collaboration.
- Staff Development – Our workplace supports, engages, and educates a talented and diverse staff and volunteer corps.
- Community – We bring our local community together and support the improvement and sustainability of our neighborhood and partner institutions.
- Humility – We see ourselves as stewards of a historic, iconic facility and the precious collection as a service for the greater good.
Whether you’re a native San Franciscan, a visitor from another side of the world, or a classroom of budding botanists, the Conservatory of Flowers offers an intimate up-close experience with rare and endangered plants unlike any other. Come see what treasures await you!
Golden Gate Park | 100 John F. Kennedy Drive | San Francisco, CA 94118 | 415-831-2090