In 2003, the Conservatory of Flowers reopened following a $25 million renovation campaign. We are forever grateful to the individual donors, foundations and corporations who rescued this iconic landmark after the devastating storm of 1995.
We need your financial support to keep our 140-year-old wood and glass Conservatory and its world-class botanical collections vibrant, well maintained, and welcoming to our current visitors and for generations to come.
Supporters like you provide the foundation for work happening every day. Help take us into the next 140 years.
WAYS TO DONATE
Send email to:
Send check to:
Gardens of Golden Gate Park
320 Judah St. Suite 2
San Francisco, CA 94122
415-661-1316 x 313
San Francisco Botanical Garden Society at Strybing Arboretum, a 501c3 nonprofit organization, tax ID 94-605168, is now doing business as the Gardens of Golden Gate Park which incorporates the Conservatory of Flowers and the Japanese Tea Garden.
All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
BECOME A MEMBER
Benefits of Membership:
Unlimited year-round free admission to the Conservatory of Flowers, Japanese Tea Garden, and San Francisco Botanical Garden.
Admission for one guest per cardholder per visit (guest access excludes admission to member events)
Admission to all special member events
Free or reduced admission at more than 345 participating gardens and arboretums nationwide - including more than 30 in California alone
Discounts on classes, walks and events
10% Discount at the Conservatory gift shop and SF Botanical Garden Bookstore & Plant Arbor
10% Discount at Flora Grubb Gardens, The Urban Farmer Store, and other local nurseries
Discounted Subscription to the San Francisco Chronicle
Enjoy the many benefits of our membership program,
and support the Conservatory.
Please click on your desired level of membership to join or renew.
- One membership card
- One year unlimited admission to the Conservatory of Flowers, Japanese Tea Garden, and SF Botanical Garden for one person.
- Two membership cards
- One year unlimited admission to the Conservatory of Flowers, Japanese Tea Garden, and SF Botanical Garden for two adults and any children under 18 (includes access to family programming throughout the year)
- Exclusive pre-registration access and discounts for Garden Camp and Garden After-School programs for kids
- Children’s book borrowing privileges at the Helen Crocker Russell Library of Horticulture at San Francisco Botanical Garden
- All benefits of a Family/Dual membership, plus two guest passes - passes may be given to friends and family for general admission to the Gardens (without a member present) and to attend special member events
- All benefits of a Garden Lover membership, plus two additional guest passes (4 total)
- All benefits of a Begonia Guild membership, plus two additional guest passes (6 total)
- Please contact email@example.com or 415-661-1316 x312 for benefits.
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT
Bequest & Planned Giving
Create your legacy. Include a gift to the Gardens of Golden Gate park in your estate. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us connect our community to plants by
becoming a Conservatory volunteer
The Conservatory could not function without a wonderful cadre of passionate, knowledgeable, and generous volunteers. New volunteers commit to two shifts per month for one year. In return, the Conservatory offers free lectures, social events, and a discount in the gift shop.
Our volunteer programs:
Create a variety of opportunities for Conservatory visitors to discover and learn about tropical plants by answering questions, leading conversations, and facilitating hands-on engagement. Spark curiosity, share information, and connect people with plants in a place of exceptional beauty!
Lead 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students as they visit the Conservatory on field trips. Guides teach small groups of students as part of the curriculum-based Rainforest Adaptations program, in which students see and experience what they are learning about in science class. Note: As of 2022 this program is currently paused.
Interested in Volunteering at the Conservatory of Flowers? Please fill out the Volunteer Interest Form and we will contact you about upcoming volunteer opportunities.