PLAN A VISIT TO THE CONSERVATORY
Whether you’re a native San Franciscan, a visitor from another side of the world, or a classroom of budding botanists, the Conservatory of Flowers offers an intimate up-close experience with rare and unusual plants unlike any other!
Golden Gate Park
100 John F Kennedy Drive
San Francisco, CA 94118
(415) 831 - 2090
The Conservatory is currently CLOSED due to Covid-19
We’re open on:
December 24 (close at 2 p.m.)
We’re closed on:
Free Every First TuesdayThe Conservatory is free to all visitors on the first Tuesday of every month!
|Adults (Tues – Thurs)||$10|
|Adults (Fri, Sat, Sun)||$12|
|Youth (ages 12-17)||$7|
|College Students (w ID)||$7|
|Seniors (ages 65+)||$7|
|Children (ages 5-11)||$3|
|Children (4 & under)||FREE|
San Francisco Resident with ID
|All Adults (Tues – Thurs)||$7|
|Youth (ages 12-17)||$4|
|College Students (w ID)||$4|
|Seniors (ages 65+)||$4|
|Children (ages 5-11)||$2|
|Children (4 & under)||FREE|
- Food and drink are not allowed inside.
- Strollers are not allowed inside, and may be parked outside the Conservatory on the grass.
- Pets and outside plants are not allowed inside. (Service animals are permitted).
- Tripods are not allowed inside. (Permits are required for commercial/professional and school photography).
- Please close the doors between exhibit galleries.
- Please keep cell phone conversations to a minimum.
- Temperatures may exceed 85 degrees (29C).
- Street Parking The streets which surround the Conservatory are John F. Kennedy Drive (south) and Conservatory Drive (north, west, and east). Though most parking is free within Golden Gate Park, spaces can be limited and there are time limits, usually 3 to 4 hours.
- Sunday Road Closures Please note that JFK Drive is closed on Sundays from McLaren Lodge to Transverse Drive. See weekend and holiday free Golden Gate Park shuttle information here.
- Garage Parking The Music Concourse Garage is a 10-minute walk from the Conservatory.
- Outdoor Bike Racks There are two bicycle racks at the Conservatory: one in the Dahlia Garden on the east side of the building, and one near the restrooms on Conservatory Drive West
- Public Transportation SF Muni serves the Conservatory via a number of convenient bus and metro lines, including the 5 and N-Judah.
- Parking Handicapped parking is located on the east side of the building and on John F. Kennedy Drive in front of the Conservatory. Drop-off ramp access to the Conservatory is available on the west side of the building near the public restrooms.
- Inside the Conservatory The Conservatory of Flowers is wheelchair accessible for both motorized and non-motorized chairs. We also have two non-motorized wheelchairs in the ticket booth, which visitors may use (*at their own risk) on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planning a Field Trip? Visit our Education section.
- Please make your reservation at least 3 weeks before your visit. Note that the schedule fills up months in advance so contact the Conservatory with as much notice as possible to get your desired time and day. During the school year, there is very little availability before 11:00 a.m.
- Groups are not admitted on free days, which is the first Tuesday of each month.
- We do not recommend groups visit on Sunday as many roads in Golden Gate Park are closed to vehicle traffic.
- Groups from art studios must make a reservation, regardless of size.
- Adult Self-Guided Visits The Conservatory asks groups of 10 or more to make a reservation. The Conservatory can accommodate up to 35 people in each self-guided group.
- Adult Guided Tours Guided tours are offered for groups of 10 or more and there is a maximum of 30 people for tours. Tours last 45 minutes and cover four of the five galleries. An additional 15 minutes is recommended to view the Special Exhibit Gallery, which is included with the admission ticket but not the docent-led tour.
- Ticket Prices There are no group discounts and we do not accept admission payment in advance.
- To Make a Reservation – Please e-mail groups(at)sfcof.org with the following information:
- group name
- contact name and phone number
- date and time of visit
- number of people in the group
- if you would like a guided tour
To look around the Conservatory of Flowers, drag your finger on the screen or tap the compass. To move around, swipe left or right or tap the arrows. You can also swipe up or down to see the ceiling and floor. To see a wider view and change to landscape mode, turn your device sideways. To zoom in, pinch open on the screen.