PLAN A VISIT TO THE CONSERVATORY
Whether you’re a native San Franciscan, a visitor from another side of the world, or a classroom of budding botanists, the Conservatory of Flowers offers an intimate up-close experience with rare and unusual plants unlike any other!
Golden Gate Park
100 John F Kennedy Drive
San Francisco, CA 94118
(415) 831 - 2090
10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(Last ticket sold at 4:00 p.m.)
We’re open on:
December 24 (close at 2 p.m.)
We’re closed on:
|Adults (February – October)||$13|
|Adults (November – January)||$10|
|Youth (ages 12-17)||$7|
|College Students (w ID)||$7|
|Seniors (ages 65+)||$7|
|Children (ages 5-11)||$3|
|Children (4 & under)||FREE|
San Francisco Resident with ID
|Youth (ages 12-17)||FREE|
|College Students (w ID)||FREE|
|Seniors (ages 65+)||FREE|
|Children (ages 5-11)||FREE|
|Children (4 & under)||FREE|
FREE FIRST TUESDAY The Conservatory is free to all visitors on the ﬁrst Tuesday of every month!
MUSEUMS FOR ALL All visitors receiving food assistance (SNAP benefits) are offered free general admission. Free admission may be redeemed by presenting a valid EBT card upon entry. Full-priced admission to special exhibitions, events, and programs still applies.
- Masks are recommended but not required.
- Food and drink are not allowed inside.
- Strollers are not allowed inside, and may be parked outside the Conservatory on the grass.
- Pets and outside plants are not allowed inside. (Service animals are permitted).
- Tripods are not allowed inside. (Permits are required for commercial/professional and school photography).
- Please close the doors between exhibit galleries.
- Please keep cell phone conversations to a minimum.
- Temperatures may exceed 85 degrees (29C).
- Public Transportation SF Muni serves the Conservatory via a number of convenient bus and metro lines, including the 5 and N-Judah.
- Golden Gate Park Shuttle The free Golden Gate Park shuttle stops on John F. Kennedy Drive in front of the Conservatory. The shuttle offers access to the eastern half of Golden Gate Park with stops along JFK Drive, Stow Lake Boathouse, Haight Street, and at the Music Concourse near the Japanese Tea Garden and de Young Museum. The shuttle operates 7 days per week, on Monday to Friday from 12 noon to 6:00 pm, and Saturday, Sundays and holidays from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Learn more about the shuttle and access to Golden Gate Park here
- Street Parking Limited. free public street parking is available within walking distance on Nancy Pelosi Drive, Bowling Green Drive, and Conservatory Drive West. The closest handicap accessible parking spots are available on Nancy Pelosi Drive and Bowling Green Drive. Please note that John F. Kennedy Drive and Conservatory Drive East are closed to cars.
- Garage Parking The Music Concourse Garage, which may be accessed from the Fulton Street and 10th Avenue entrance, is a 10-minute walk from the Conservatory.
- Drop-offs & Rideshare The closest drop-off location is on Conservatory Drive West, accessed via Arguello Boulevard.
- JFK Drive Closures Please note that JFK Drive is closed to cars. See a map of the closure areas and Golden Gate Park shuttle information here. For more information, see San Francisco’s Slow Streets.
- Outdoor Bike Racks There are two bicycle racks at the Conservatory: one in the Dahlia Garden on the east side of the building, and one near the restrooms on Conservatory Drive West.
- Parking. Handicap accessible parking spots are available on Nancy Pelosi Drive and Bowling Green Drive.
- Inside the Conservatory The Conservatory of Flowers is wheelchair accessible for both motorized and non-motorized chairs. We also have two non-motorized wheelchairs in the ticket booth, which visitors may use (*at their own risk) on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planning a Field Trip? Visit our Education section.
- Please make your reservation at least 3 weeks before your visit. Note that the schedule fills up in advance so contact the Conservatory with as much notice as possible to get your desired time and day.
- Groups are not admitted on free days, which is the first Tuesday of each month.
- Groups from art studios must make a reservation, regardless of size.
- Guided Tours are currently unavailable. There is a self-guided audio tour available on iPhone, iPad or Android devices using the CloudGuide app.
- Adult Self-Guided Visits The Conservatory asks groups of 10 or more to make a reservation. The Conservatory can accommodate up to 36 people in each self-guided group.
- To Make a Reservation for a Self-Guided Visit– Please e-mail info(at)sfcof.org with the following information:
- group name
- contact name and phone number
- date and time of visit
- number of people in the group
A self-guided audio tour of the Conservatory is available to listen to via your smartphone or tablet.
Click here to learn more and access the audio tour.