PLAN A VISIT TO THE CONSERVATORY
Whether you’re a native San Franciscan, a visitor from another side of the world, or a classroom of budding botanists, the Conservatory of Flowers offers an intimate up-close experience with rare and unusual plants unlike any other!
Golden Gate Park
100 John F Kennedy Drive
San Francisco, CA 94118
(415) 831 - 2090
Temporarily closed until further notice
We’re open on:
December 24 (close at 2 p.m.)
We’re closed on:
Temporarily ClosedEffective Sunday, November 29, the Conservatory of Flowers will temporarily close once again to the public until further notice after health officials announced San Francisco entered the state’s purple tier due to a surge of COVID-19 cases. If you have purchased an advanced ticket, we will reach out regarding refunds. In these challenging moments, please consider donating to the Conservatory. We need your help to keep our plants blooming during COVID-19. Donate today.
|Adults (Tues – Thurs)||$10|
|Adults (Fri, Sat, Sun)||$12|
|Youth (ages 12-17)||$7|
|College Students (w ID)||$7|
|Seniors (ages 65+)||$7|
|Children (ages 5-11)||$3|
|Children (4 & under)||FREE|
San Francisco Resident with ID
|All Adults (Tues – Sun)||$7|
|Youth (ages 12-17)||$4|
|College Students (w ID)||$4|
|Seniors (ages 65+)||$4|
|Children (ages 5-11)||$2|
|Children (4 & under)||FREE|
FREE FIRST TUESDAY The Conservatory is free to all visitors on the ﬁrst Tuesday of every month!
MUSEUMS FOR ALL All visitors receiving food assistance (SNAP benefits) are offered free general admission. Free admission may be redeemed by presenting a valid EBT card upon entry. Full-priced admission to special exhibitions, events, and programs still applies.
- Food and drink are not allowed inside.
- Strollers are not allowed inside, and may be parked outside the Conservatory on the grass.
- Pets and outside plants are not allowed inside. (Service animals are permitted).
- Tripods are not allowed inside. (Permits are required for commercial/professional and school photography).
- Please close the doors between exhibit galleries.
- Please keep cell phone conversations to a minimum.
- Temperatures may exceed 85 degrees (29C).
- Street Parking and Drop Offs The streets which surround the Conservatory, John F. Kennedy Drive (south) and Conservatory Drive (north, west, and east), are closed to cars. Limited parking is available within walking distance at Nancy Pelosi Drive and Bowling Green Drive. For more information, see San Francisco’s Slow Streets.
- JFK Drive Closures Please note that JFK Drive is closed to cars. See a map of the closure areas and Golden Gate Park shuttle information here.
- Garage Parking The Music Concourse Garage, which may be accessed from the Fulton Street and 10th Avenue entrance, is a 10-minute walk from the Conservatory.
- Outdoor Bike Racks There are two bicycle racks at the Conservatory: one in the Dahlia Garden on the east side of the building, and one near the restrooms on Conservatory Drive West
- Public Transportation SF Muni serves the Conservatory via a number of convenient bus and metro lines, including the 5 and N-Judah.
- Parking Drop-off access to the Conservatory is available on Nancy Pelosi Drive and Bowling Green Drive.
- Inside the Conservatory The Conservatory of Flowers is wheelchair accessible for both motorized and non-motorized chairs. We also have two non-motorized wheelchairs in the ticket booth, which visitors may use (*at their own risk) on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planning a Field Trip? Visit our Education section.
- Please make your reservation at least 3 weeks before your visit. Note that the schedule fills up months in advance so contact the Conservatory with as much notice as possible to get your desired time and day. During the school year, there is very little availability before 11:00 a.m.
- Groups are not admitted on free days, which is the first Tuesday of each month.
- We do not recommend groups visit on Sunday as many roads in Golden Gate Park are closed to vehicle traffic.
- Groups from art studios must make a reservation, regardless of size.
- Adult Self-Guided Visits The Conservatory asks groups of 10 or more to make a reservation. The Conservatory can accommodate up to 35 people in each self-guided group.
- Adult Guided Tours Guided tours are offered for groups of 10 or more and there is a maximum of 30 people for tours. Tours last 45 minutes and cover four of the five galleries. An additional 15 minutes is recommended to view the Special Exhibit Gallery, which is included with the admission ticket but not the docent-led tour.
- Ticket Prices There are no group discounts and we do not accept admission payment in advance.
- To Make a Reservation – Please e-mail groups(at)sfcof.org with the following information:
- group name
- contact name and phone number
- date and time of visit
- number of people in the group
- if you would like a guided tour
To look around the Conservatory of Flowers, drag your finger on the screen or tap the compass. To move around, swipe left or right or tap the arrows. You can also swipe up or down to see the ceiling and floor. To see a wider view and change to landscape mode, turn your device sideways. To zoom in, pinch open on the screen.